The sixth and seventh years of Hijrat were very significant and and important events occured in this period. Some of the highlights are mentioned below:
THE SIXTH YEAR OF HIJRAT :
1. In this year tnt of Baitur Ridwaan and Sulah Hudaibiyah took place.
2. The Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) sent letters of invitation of Islam to world leaders.
3. Abu Raafi who was a great enemy of Islam and a blasphemer was killed.
4. The Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) sent small armies to various places, so that they could put pressure against the kufaar. Some of the battles that took place were, Surya Ali, Surya ibn Muslma Surya Zumri etc.
5. In the same year, the Quraish sent Abu Sufyaan to Madinah to discuss issues relating to The Treaty of Hudaibiyah. [Zirkani]
THE SEVENTH YEAR OF HIJRAT :
1. In this year, Ghazwa Zaatul Qird etc. took place three days before departing for Khaibar.
2. During the month of Muharram, the Battle of Khaibar took place in which fifty Muslims were injured.
3. Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) made Nikah to Bibi Safiyah (radi Allahu anhu).
4. In the same year Zainab, the wife of the Jew Salaam bin Mushkim invited Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) for a meal and poisoned the meat. Through the Grace of Allah, the meat spoke out and said, O Prophet of Allah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) Do not eat me. I have been poisoned.It was during this year in the Battle of Khaibar, that the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) explained the following laws of Shariah :Birds with talons were haraam to eat; All predators were haraam; The flesh of donkey and mule is haraam; To make Muta (temporary marriage for sexual reasons etc.) was made haraam; It was made haraam to give the wrong weight when buying or selling gold and silver.
5. The Treaty of Fidak was prepared in the same year. In the same year, the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) made Umratul Qazaa.
6. During the journey for Umratul Qazaa, the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) make Nikah to Bibi Maimoona (radi Allahu anha). [Shamaa’il-e-Tirmizi, Bukhari – Zirkani – Madarij]