THE EIGHT YEAR OF HIJRAT:
1. In this year, the Battle of Mauta took place, in which the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) sent three thousand Sahaba-e-Kiraam against one hundred thousand kufaar. The Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) whilst sitting in Madinah was informing the Sahaba of what was happening in the battle of Mauta. He said,Look, now the flag is with Zaid and he has been made shaheed, then Jaafar took the flag and he too was made shaheed, Then Abdullah bin Rawaaha took the flag and he too has been made shaheed, until the flag was given in the hand of The Sword from the Swords of Allah (Khalid bin Waleed).The Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) told this to the Sahaba-e-Kiraam and wept as he spoke.
2. Between the Battle of Mauta and the Victory at Makkah, small armies were sent once again to attack the kufaar.
3. The Victory of Makkah took place in the year 630 A.C.
4. Those who were on journey were exempted from fasting.
5. In the same year, Hazrat Abu Sufyaan (radi Allahu anhu) accepted Islam.
6. Hazrat Hinda (radi Allahu anha) accepted Islam.
7. The Battle of Hunain occurred.
8. The Battle of Utaas took place and Taaif surrendered.
9. The Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) released Taaif from siege and went to Jofa. Here there was plenty of spoils of the war which included, 24 000 camels, more than 40 000 goats, silver, and six thousand enemy were captured. The Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) distributed all the spoils of war. In the same year Hazrat Ibraheem (radi Allahu anhu) was born to Hazrat Maariyah Qibtiyah (radi Allahu anha) and in the same Sayyidah Zainab (radi Allahu anha) the daughter of Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) passed away. The Mimbar (Pulpit) was built in Musjid-e-Nabwi in the same year. [Bukhari Shareef – Zirkani – Madarij]
THE NINTH YEAR OF HIJRAT :
1. In this year, Ayatut Takhayur and the laws of Eela were revealed.
2. Collectors were sent out to collect Zakaat and Sadaqa.
3. Addi bin Haatim and his sister accepted Islam.
4. The Battle of Tabook took place in which 30 000 Sahaba-e-Kiraam partook. The Romans fled this battle out of fear.
5. The Mosque built by the Munafiqs, Masjid-e-Zaraar was broken down and burnt.
6. Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (radi Allahu anhu) was made the Ameer-e-Hajj.
7. The King of Abyssinia, Hazrat Asmah Najashi passed away.
8. In the same year the leader of the Munafiqs (hypocrites) Abdullah ibn Ubay died.
9. In the same year various delegations of Arabia accepted Islam at the hands of the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). [Madarijun Nabuiwat]