THE FIFTH YEAR OF HIJRAT
1. In this year, the Battle of Zaatur Riqa took place, in which the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) took four hundred soldiers with him. The kufaar fled and only a few women were captured.
2. The great Imam of Seerat, Ibn Ishaaq says that it was in this Battle, that the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) first prayed the Salaatul Khauf.
3. The Battle of Daumatul Jundal took place, wherein the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) stayed out of Madinah for one month.
4. Another battle took place, in which one Muslim was made shaheed, ten kufaar were killed and more than 700 kufaar were captured. The Sahaba-e-Kiraam obtained 2000 camels and 5000 goats as bounty from this battle.
5. The Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) made Nikah to Sayyida Juwairiyah (radi Allahu anha).
6. The incident relating to Bibi Aisha (radi Allahu anha) took place and Surah Noor was revealed to prove her chastity. The verses of Tayammum were revealed.
7. The Battle of the Trench (Khandaq) took place. Six Muslims were made shaheed in this battle.
8. Amr bin Abdood was killed. He was injured in Badr and had fled. It was said that he was stronger than one thousand riders.
9. Naufil was killed.
10. Hazrat Saad ibn Muaaz (radi Allahu anhu) was made shaheed in the Battle of Khandaq. It was on his martyrdom that the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said, The Arsh of Allah is trembling on the Shahaadat of ibn Muaaz.
11. The battle of Bani Quraiza took place on the way back from Khandaq. 12. Wearing of Pardah became fard on Muslim women. 13. The law relating to accusing someone of adultery was revealed and so were the laws of Laaan and Zihaar revealed. [Madarijun Nabuiwat – Bukhari Shareef]