THE SECOND YEAR OF HIJRAT
Various important incidents took place in the second year after Hijrat. They are being presented very briefly for your perusal:
1. In the same year after Hijrat, the direction (Qibla) for performing Namaaz was changed from Baitul Muqaddas to the Kaaba.
2. On the twelfth of Safar, Almighty gave the Muslims permission to take up arms against the kufaar.
3. The verse pertaining to Jihaad was revealed and the first Muslim Army went against the kufaar.This battle was called Surya-e-Hamza.
4. In the Surya-e-Ubaidah Bin Al Haarith, the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) sent 80 Muhajireen with Hazrat Ubaidah bin Al Haarith (radi Allahu anhu) as the commander towards Raabigh, but the kufaar fled in fear.
5. Surya Saad ibn Abil Waqas took place.
6. Ghazwa-e-Abwa (The Battle of Abwa) took place. It was the first battle in which the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) went out with the Muslim Army in the month of Safar for Jihaad, and only returned to Madinah Shareef after 15 days, when Abu Lahab had died.
7. The Battles of Bani Qainuqa, Bawaat, Safwaan, Zil Asheera and Surya Abdullah bin Jahash occured.
8. The Battle of Badr took place, in which 14 Muslims were martyred, of which six were Muhajirs and eight were Ansaar. This Battle made the power of Islam as clear as the brightness of day to all.
9. Roza (fasting) and Zakaat became fard. In this year Eid-ul-Fitr Namaaz was performed in Jamaat in an Eid Gaah.
10. The Nikah of Bibi Fathima to Hazrat Ali (radi Allahu anhum) took place.
11. The law of giving Sadqa-e-Fitr was established.
12. On the tenth of Zilhajj, the Namaaz of Eid-ul-Adha was performed and after Namaaz, the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) made qurbani of two rams.
13. The Battle of Suwaiq, Qarqarul Kadr, Najraan etc. occurred. [Zirkani – Madarijun Nabuiwat – Bukhari Shareef etc]