THE THIRD YEAR OF HIJRAT
1. In this year, the greatest Battle of Islam, the Battle of Uhud took place. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) left Madinah Shareef after Jummah Salaah on the 14 of Shawaal 3 Hijri. In this Battle, great Sahaba-e-Kiraam such as Hazrat Hamza, Hazrat Hanzala, Hazrat Musab bin Umair and Hazrat Ziyaad bin Maskan(ridwaanul laahi ta aala alaihim ajmaeen) were made shaheed. Seventy Sahaba-e-Kiraam were made Shaheed in the Battle of Uhud. During the battle of Uhud, four Muhajireen and sixty six Ansaar were made shaheed. In this Battle thirty leaders of the kufaar were sent to jahanum. In the same battle, two blessed teeth of the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) were made shaheed. In this same battle, Hazrat Ameer Hamza (radi Allahu anhu) was made shaheed by an assassin hired by Hinda.
2. Ghazwa-e-Ghatfaan took place in Rabi-ul-Awwal.
3. In the same year a kaafir by the name of Dasoor picked his sword against the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam).
4. Hazrat Imam Hassan (radi Allahu anhu) was born on the 15th of Ramadaan.
5. Huzoor (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) made Nikah to Bibi Hafsah (radi Allahu anha).
6. Hazrat Uthman-e-Ghani (radi Allahu anhu) made Nikah to Sayyid Umme Kulthoom (radi Allahu anha).
7. The laws of Inheritance were revealed.
8. In the same year it became haraam for men to ever marry Mushrik women.
[Zirkani – Madarijun Nabuiwat – Bukhari Shareef]